Recipe Submitted by Hermes from Sydney, Australia:
1) Add tomato past to stock & bring mixture to boil.
2) Add elbow macaroni, paprika, oregano, basil & garlic powder, and allow to simmer gently for 20 mins or so
3) Add onion, carrot, parsnip, celery & French beans, and cook for a further 10 mins.
4) Add cabbage & kidney beans to boil & cook until all vegetables are tender.
5) Garnish with Parmesan cheese & serve with crusty Italian bread.
=Serves 6 people=
Hermes tells us, "Some people like it simple; just the "minestrone" itself. I personally prefer to add some pesto sause ( basil leaves, garlic, olive oil, & pinenuts, all blend together) before serving; this is known as "Minestrone all Genovese (Minestrone Genoese** style with pesto sause).. mmmmm, bellissima!!"
**: Genoa is located in the NW Italian region of Liguria; not far from Monte Carlo (Monaco); also the birthplace of Christopher Columbus
Return to the Recipe Listing Page